1 x medium sweet potato, diced into 1cm
440g can corn kernels, drained
500g lean beef mince
25g reduced salt burrito seasoning
1 small onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
250g microwave pouch of ancient grains & rice
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cabbage or lettuce, shredded
2 x tomatoes, diced
440g black beans, drained
300g jar tomato salsa
1 bunch coriander
1 x lemon
1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius. Place sweet potato on a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
2. In a medium fry pan, cook the corn kernels until slightly charred and transfer to a bowl. Return the pan to the heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add onion, cook until softened, then add garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Add mince to the pan, breaking it up so it's cooked until browned. Add the burrito seasoning and stir through and take off the heat.
3. Cook the microwave rice pouch according to the packet instructions.
4. To make the dressing, add the zest of 1 lemon and juice of half the lemon to the yoghurt.Mix and set aside.
5. To assemble your burrito bowl, starting by adding the grain and mince, then top with sweet potato, kidney beans*, avocado, fresh tomato, corn, cabbage/lettuce, sals and coriander. Dollop the yoghurt dressing on top and enjoy!
* Kidney beans can be added when cooking the mince mixture at the same time as the seasoning.
1. Place noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water until noodles are covered. Let to sit for 2-3 minutes and then drain. Rinse under cold water to stop them from sticking.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a large frypan on medium heat. Add the tofu cubes, and stir fry to ensure all sides become golden. Reduce the heat, add the teriyaki sauce and toss until all the tofu is coated for about another 30 seconds. Remove the tofu and set aside.
3. Increase the heat to high, and add the remaining one teaspoon of sesame oil, garlic, ginger and broccolini to the pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the broccolini becomes vibrant in colour.
4. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls and top each bowl with tofu, broccolini and edamame beans. Add the avocado on top and garnish with spring onions to finish.
<< Back to recipes
Imagine courtesy of Healthy Food Guide