1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Reserve 1 tablespoon chopped onion for the salsa. Place oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add remaining onion and beef mince and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until meat is browned.
2. Add chilli powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add canned tomatoes, kidney beans and carrot. Bring to the boil, turn down heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
3. Heat taco shells in oven for 3 minutes. Combine reserved onion, fresh tomatoes, avocado and lime juice in a bowl to make salsa.
4. Fill tacos with as much or as little as you like. Serve by topping tacos with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.
* If you prefer soft tacos, replace step 3 and heat soft tacos in the microwave according to packet instructions
<< Back to recipes